Friday, June 16, 2006

Like, I'll try that...

If I ever stop and become fully conscious of what words come out of my mouth (which I do tend to contemplate quite thoroughly before actually speaking, but not always) I say "like" waaaaay to often to make any sense. It makes me realize how dumb I sound, with no boost to the blonde rep.
I have a test for you. For some it may be harder than for others. I challenge you to refrain from saying the word "like" for one whole day. Have a friend help by following you around all day monitoring your words. Or you could hide a tape recorder in your pocket and just record yourself. (Yes, talking to yourself does count.) Or, even try replacing "like" with another word that would not make any sense in everyday speaking, such as, "superb". It might make you more aware, and others more aware of you too...
Good luck!

No comments :