Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Good holiday fun. However my favorite part of the evening might have been when Anna thought a breast pump was something you used to pump milk directly into your baby's mouth through a tube. Sigh. Good holiday fun.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
8 Things About Me
8 Tv Shows I Watch:
1. LOST (I anxiously await your return)
2. The Office
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Grey's Anatomy (I'm slightly shamed to admit this, but I'm staying faithful in hope)
5. Project Runway
6. 30 Rock
7. Tim Gunn's Guide to Style
8. Friends (still)
8 Favorite Resaurants
2. On the Border
4. Panera Bread
5. Flat Tire (love me some fried pickles)
6. Johnny Carinos
8. Cheesecake Factory
8 Things That Happened Today (last 24 hours):
1. slept in til 10am
3. babysat my favorite kids: Mia and Bode
4. dinner at Chris and Anna's new abode
5. Watched Elf
6. Stayed up until 2am cause couldn't sleep
7. got up to babysit next fav. kid: Aidan
8. booked a trip to Vegas (Woo hoo!)
8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. Meeting baby Henson in April
2. Lucas fulfilling his dreams (he's on his way, it's so exciting!)
3. Christmas with the Lashley family
4. going to Ikea after christmas to get my baby bedding
5. going to Vegas with my girl friends in Feb.
6. New Year's: party, Lailah and Ryan staying with us, and starting 2009 leaving all that stuff from 2008 behind
7. decorating my nursery
8. going back to my church class after 3 months of teaching
8 Things I Wish For:
1. A healthy baby
2. A safe pregnancy/delivery
3. prayers for Lucas and I as parents (seriously, we need 'em )
4. to see my family and friends as much as possible
5. to be a better wife and hopefully a good mom
6. to try and put others before myself
7. Ability to give back more financially to other people, church, Village of Hope, etc.
8. To travel to all the places I want (can't forget that one)
I tag anyone who hasn't done it, or wants to be tagged again. I know some of you do...
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
And finally, our friends threw him a party. I don't think he knew who all was there because he was too excited about his cake.
Happy 28th Birthday, Lucas!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Both of these pictures crack me up because even though Jimmy doesn't really need a wheelchair, these pictures would suggest otherwise. We had a family party for him, then the church in Minco threw him a surprise party after church last Sunday.
My friend Melissa Cox had her baby shower in Tulsa. We have been friends since we were 13 after meeting at church camp. She is having a little girl in January:Check out our black/white coordination. Fabulous.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Dinner with college friends, Beth, Katy, Anna, and April (she had already left). Keep April McGee and their team in your prayers as they leave for Brazil tomorrow.
We took dinner to our good friends, Jay, Olivia and Benjamin Evans.
Then we went to the Wishing Well art show fundraiser at OC.
We spent the day at OC's homecoming events:
- Lunch in Lawson Commons
- Women's/Men's basketball games
- Homecoming musical: Guys and Dolls
Mia was in the homecoming court this year. Now she can live a happy life. She had her entourage in tow, as well, and we were happy to do it.
and my dad and EQ sang the national anthem
Lucas and I both had the stomach bug that has been going around.
Overall, a fun and eventful weekend!
Friday, November 07, 2008
After requests from Lailah and my cousins here I am at 18 weeks:
Anna and Chris are staying with us for a couple weeks until they can move in to their apartment (Anna and I roomed together for 5 years in college and 1 year after - we are determined to continue to find a way.) Monday night they brought home sparkling grape juice and these cups that Anna decorated for us to celebrate Henson.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
I felt the baby for the first time last night! Twice! And Lucas did too! That is the coolest thing!
We find out a week from today what we are having, and I can't wait!