Monday, May 26, 2008

I Love To Torture Myself

Why do girls like to sob over movies? By "like" I mean actually "like" to watch movies that make them cry. Okay, maybe I'm just crazy. But, I have watched Steel Magnolias over and over and over again. Knowing that when Sally Fields is gushing her soul at her daughter's funeral that I will be drowning in a flood of my own tears.

Today I watched "P.S., I Love You" with my friend Casey. She has been dying for me to watch this (this was her 5th time to willingly suffer through it). This was such a great movie. The whole time I was watching it I was thinking, "This is the sadest, most horrible, and emotionally draining movie! I can't wait to watch it again!" However, next time I won't watch it just before going to a meeting with a client (though the excited bride and groom did make me feel much better).
Okay, I think I'm going to go watch "I Am Sam".

4 comments :

Michael and Katie said...

I cry every single time I watch Steel Magnolias too!!

marge said...

athough im not much of cryer doing movies i think we do this because we get so wraped into the emontions of the chaters and story line presented

The Seat House said...

I am totally with you. I have watched Steel Magnolias like 800 times and cried every time. I loved, I mean hated, I mean loved PS I love you too! Just wished I would have known it was going to be like it was. I thought going in it was going to be a light-hearted romantic comedy. Boy was I wrong!

Bellgardt Life said...

I think Ryan even cried during Steel Magnolias! It's a great movie.