Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Ask the Wedding Coordinator."

That sounds like a FAQ section of the local paper. Maybe I'll look into that.

Actually, that is what I hear continuously in my line of work. (In case you missed what that work is, I'm a wedding coordinator.) I love, love, LOVE my job. It makes me happy. I get to help make sure that one of the most special days of a couple's life goes as smoothly as possible.

My sister-in-law's wedding was this past weekend, and I spent half of last week in the land of milk and honey - Minco, OK. I love the city, but I also love going to a small town, and the "down home" feeling and comradeship that envelopes that town.

I have to admit, I love being in charge. Well, I mostly like that I have something that I'm good at and where I feel needed. This past weekend I was not only the wedding coordinator, but I was also a bridesmaid. Now THAT is quite the list of duties. Beginning Thursday morning picking up the wedding dress, veil and ice sculpture until Sunday evening packing up push pins, fabric and tables - I only stopped to sleep, and even then my brain was still jotting down additional tasks and reminders to wake me up to. I LOVED it! I was so happy to be able to do that for my family, and I think everything went famously!

Pictures to come...

No comments :