Wednesday, June 03, 2009

True Story

My sister-in-law, Jamie, sent me this email today:

There’s a lady I deal with at work who told me the following story about her sister yesterday.

Her sister and brother-in-law had made a trip to Kohls’ a couple of days ago. As they were driving home, they saw a dead cat on the side of the road. Her sister is a huge animal lover and couldn’t just leave the dead cat lying there, so they decided to pick it up and take it home to bury. They emptied out one of the Kohl’s bags and put the cat inside it and put it in the trunk of their car. They had planned on eating while they were out, so they stopped at a McAlister’s Deli. Since it was hot outside, they didn’t want to leave a dead cat in the trunk, as it might start to smell. So, they pulled the bag out and just set it on the top of the trunk while they went inside to eat. As they were eating, they noticed a woman in the parking lot eyeing the Kohl’s sack. She kept looking at it and looking around before finally picking it up. She proceeded to go inside the restaurant. The couple waited to see what she would do. She went to the counter but instead of turning in the sack, she placed her order. Finally, she went to sit down, looked inside the sack, screamed and fainted. McAlister’s then called 911 who came to pick up the unconscious woman. They placed her on a gurney with her purse next to her and her Kohl’s sack sitting on top of her stomach and took her out. I can only imagine what happened when she woke up either in the ambulance or the hospital with that bag sitting on her stomach.

The couple never said a word…they were afraid at that point they would get sued.

A-mazing.

8 comments :

Allison said...

That is a HILARIOUS story! Ryan and I were laughing pretty hard.

Mandy said...

Wow, that is the greatest!

Emily said...

Wow, I'm embarrassed. That lady was me. I just thought I would take the Kohl's bag in and return it to it's owner and then there was a dead cat in it!!


obviously, that is a joke. ew.

kj said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's GREAT!

Krystle OBryan said...

OMG, that is Hilarious!!!!

Gena said...

This is the greatest story I have ever heard. Erick too.

Amy {Mom Spark/Mom Made That!} said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog! For some reason it wasn't on my sidebar, so I just fixed it.

If this story is true, it's hilarious!

Jamie said...

It's true!