Friday, October 30, 2009

Mc-Shamed

I just can't tell you how proud I am of the fact that I wear a t-shirt and yoga pants 90% of my days now. Or that if I do take a shower I let my hair air dry then put it right back in a ponytail. Or how I am really getting my money's worth out of all my makeup since I wear it only for church and meetings these days.

Well, thank you 50 year old McDonald's drive-thru, money-taker lady for driving the pride on home yesterday.
(Note: The fact that I went to McDonalds, period, much less just to get the Monopoly game pieces, therefor ordering things I wouldn't have ever ordered otherwise, will not be acknowledged in this post.)

MDTMTL (McDonald's Drive-Thru, Money-Taker Lady): "Is that you that smells so good?"
Me: "Probably not."
MDTMTL: (looks me over) "Are you a stay-at-home mom?"
Me: "Yes."
MDTMTL: "Yeah, babies don't care what you smell like."
Me: "Yeah."
MDTMTL: "Or if you wear make up. Don't worry, it gets better."
Me: "Okay, thanks by-eeeee." (flooring it to the next window)


Yes, maybe you could say I have let myself go since growing a child, giving birth via emergency c-section after a 12 hour labor to a child, and caring for said child every day since.
But you know I am proud of that child and myself for just surviving each day, made up like a beauty queen or not (likely not - SEE 1st paragraph). So, take that, MDTMTL!

(Note: I have nothing against McDonald's employees in general, but next time I go to that ladies window - likely tomorrow, I'm sure - I will have my hair teased and curled and some fake eyelashes and red lipstick on. Let's see what she has to say THEN! ....)



(ANOTHER Note: I DID have this waiting on my doorstep today when I got home. Totally redeemed my day. SEE previous post.)

3 comments :

Jen said...

I hear ya...I'm the same way. I'm doing good if I get a shower by 3:00 PM! I ordered some diapers too...thanks!!!

OK Chick said...

I'm sure you still looked good! :)

babyblueeyed girl said...

aub even dressed like that you look good
she is JEALOUS your a stay at home mom and you look so good
im sorry
love you