Thursday, February 19, 2015

Beaming


As terrible as I have been about updating the past year, I really wanted to document this one. 

I am SUPER proud of H for receiving the Loyalty Character Award at his school last week! 

I was at the assembly because I was helping with his Valentine's Party - not knowing he would receive this. As the principal was introducing the award and reminding the kids what 'loyal' means, I was thinking 'I could see Henson getting that award someday'. 
Yes. I know. I'm his mother and of course I would say that. But, even though I didn't know they would be calling his name, I was really not that surprised. This kid has been loyal to others from the beginning. He genetically comes by that from his dad, in my opinion. 
So, yes. I'm his mom, and I have my right to brag on my kid. I am so proud of him, and it makes a mom feel good to know that her sweet boy is showing that to others when I'm not around to see it.

Bringing things back to 5-year old reality:  
Henson's reaction to getting the award, 
"I didn't know I was THAT nice to people." 
Welp. There ya go. Wah wah.

1 comment :

Summer Lashley said...

I'm so proud of this kid. He is the most enthusiastic, lovable, loyal person I know.