Thursday, May 26, 2016

sid shuffle fundraiser

Have you ever had one of those moments with your kids where you think "they might just turn out alright!" That happened to me in Sept. of '16, and I will document this as one of the proudest moments of my life thus far.

Henson was teaching our neighbor friends the Sid Shuffle dance he learned at school one afternoon, and somewhere in there decided he wanted to teach the dance to other people to raise money for Heartbeat for Hope
He made a plan, set the location, made some signs, organized his "committee" (the neighbor friends)& spread the word. He had a great turnout at Hafer park.


Our awesome neighbors brought their snow cone machine & sold them for $1.


Our fabulous neighbors
Fabulous Ms. Karla who came to support him


Fabulous Mrs. Cowan-Draper, his principal






He rocked the portable mic & speaker combo.
This was what I see as his passion in action. 
Grateful for all who came out to support him and the cause.
I love this kid!

1 comment :

Wa Wa Waughs said...

that is awesome! I remember you posting something about it but never knew the results till now!